Thoughts.

I was raised to be Christian, well at least that is what my parents taught me, I went to a private school with Christian beliefs and teachings about the basics of Christian life and lessons from the bible.
I must say that back then it did make sense, it gave me the basic foundations to be a 'good' person both in society and in general and like many other children my age we rarely questioned such teachings.

But eventually as I moved to high school and college the view of the taught beliefs started to change and finally decided that I should be an atheist.
If everything we are and can be is already pre-determined then what is the point in actually striving to reach it, it will be given anyway regardless of what we do, and we can use such beliefs to say "it was not my fault, it was meant to be this way" when I firmly believe everything we do on our own really defines the path we follow and pave for ourselves.

But also one cannot think that we did it on our own either, after all we carry our parent's beliefs and teachings, they did their best to raise us to be 'good' for ourselves and for others.

I do not think I am wrong, but then again, who can prove I am?

LT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The universe: closer than you think.

Energy production.

e-contagious?